Today we’d like to introduce you to Terrance P. Elmore.
Hi Terrance, please kick things off for us with an introduction to yourself and your story.
My love for writing began at an early age, but outside of the classroom, it wasn’t something that many people knew. I always loved writing assignments and looked forward to county writing tests. My love for poetry really started shaping when I learned about Langston Hughes and The Harlem Renaissance. As an adult, I continued to write poems, but it still wasn’t something that many people knew until I decided to create a poetry blog and publish my first book. I’ve now published 2 books and I’m working on a 3rd. The main focus of my poetry is about love, hope, and inspiration because I felt like that’s something the world could use more of. My poetry blog now features the occasional lifestyle blog posts, these blog posts have become the inspiration for my podcast episodes. My blog is a place where poetry meets the heart and my podcast is the place where poetry meets conversation.
We all face challenges, but looking back would you describe it as a relatively smooth road?
The road has been smooth. Writing gives me the freedom to pretty much create whatever conditions I want.
Alright, so let’s switch gears a bit and talk business. What should we know about your work?
One of my biggest desires is for everyone to be the best version of themselves, so I use words to encourage, inspire, and motivate. I’m proud of myself for making the decision to share my poetry. That decision is making positive impressions every day. The Brown Sugar Café is the only café where the free verse is poured hot and the haikus are always served fresh from the oven.
We’d be interested to hear your thoughts on luck and what role, if any, you feel it’s played for you?
Luck has no role of any kind. I’m blessed. God has blessed me with a gift that I’m sharing with the world.
- Autographed copy of Love Letters: A Collection of Poems – $14.00
- Autographed copy or The Essence of Love – $16.00
- 11oz The Essence of Love mug – $12.00
- 15oz The Essence of Love mug – $15.00
- Email: Info@TheBrownSugarCafe.blog
- Website: www.TheBrownSugarCafe.blog
- Instagram: www.Instagram.com/TheBrownSugarCafe
- Facebook: www.Facebook.com/TheBrownSugarCafe
- Twitter: www.Twitter.com/thebrwnsgrcafe
- Linkedin: http://linkedin.com/in/terrancepelmore
- Other: https://www.podpage.com/thebrownsugarcafe/
Your World on Film